Thursday, January 14, 2010

So, here we go... I talk to so many people who have no idea what a public library is all about these days. They are unaware of the services, programs and variety of item types available to them for free.



Some think of librarians as little old ladies who shush people for whispering (& of course the hair is in a bun!) I am far from that, as are most of the librarians I know. Being a librarian is actually quite interesting and sometimes downright amusing.



Many people are also unaware of the many, many types of people that frequent the public library! We get all kinds in the library...and that IS the beauty of the public library (it is free to all) however it also provides librarians with some hilarious stories. That is what I would like to share here. All names and distinguishing characteristics will be kept private to protect the weirdos, freaks, geeks, jerks, idiots and losers who I encounter....Please do not think that I believe all library patrons fit into the groups I just listed, but the ones I will be writing about probably will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment